We need to ask some basic questions.
- Should our children be subjected to endless test prep and hours of narrow skill-driven curriculum? Or instead should they get a well rounded education like what President Obama’s daughters receive at the Sidwell Friends School or what Arne Duncan received as a child at the Chicago Lab School?
- Should students of color and those from economically disenfranchised families be subjected to narrow, test-driven schooling while children in the most affluent communities receive well-resourced, well-rounded education with much less testing?
- Why should transnational textbook/testing companies and corporate-backed philanthropic organizations determine the curriculum for our schools?
- Debunking the Myths of Standardized Tests, by the Chicago Teachers Union's.
- Pencils Down: Rethinking High Stakes Testing and Accountability in Public Schools by Wayne Au and Melissa Tempel (Rethinking Schools).
- K-12 Testing Resources, FairTest